Autumn makes me happy

Thursday, January 1, 2009

resolutions...

ok so it's true, I don't make New Years resolutions.

I do try to make changes, and although they seem subtle at first, in the long haul they do carry an impact.

In 2008 I decided to try putting myself in other's shoes a bit. I believe that I came out on the other side as a more understanding person. ( duh! that's what our mothers were trying to teach us when they told us to " put yourself in their shoes for a minute!")
Good thing it took slightly less than half a century for me to really give it a go! What if I
never tried?
And I still don't remember to do it 100% of the time, yet even I can see the marked difference it has made.

Pray don't find fault in the man who limps,
or stumbles along the road
Unless you have worn the shoes he wears
or struggled beneath his load.
There may be tacks in his shoes that hurt,
though hidden away from view,
And the burden he bears placed on your back
Might cause you to stagger too

author unknown


I can't wait to see what changes 2009 will bring.

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Happy New Year to you Mary :)

I never make resolutions - weel, I used to but now I realise the futility of the exercise :)

Mary said...

amen...