Autumn makes me happy

Monday, January 26, 2009

I Own Gym Clothes!

DSC00179

See last night I was doing some laundry and as I hung up my yoga pants and tees, it occurs to me that I own gym clothes!
I laughed so hard that tears streamed down my face..
I'm really not the gym type you see.
I used to actually just be a fairly active person. Lots of gardening, housework, always had a physical job..
then, age..less physical employment.. extra weight..
it all started creeping up on me.
plus my crummy feet.
added all together I began to develop arthritis is various joints, aches and pains here and there
etc..etc..
Finally, I did what I should have done at the first twinge of arthritis.
I joined a gym. And really, it's not too bad at all.
I happily pedal my way through House, The Closer, or what ever television show happens to be on that night. Then I let the Elliptical Machine kick my ass for 20 or so minutes.
( I totally have a love/hate relationship with that machine!)
Ha! So there you go!
I own gym clothes!
Hahahahaha!!

3 comments:

Mandi said...

Woooo! You rock! :)

Rachael said...

Very cute. :)

Julie said...

I don't.

But I probably should.

I'm just frightened that I'll die - just by walking through the front door.