Sunday, October 24, 2010
Monday, October 18, 2010
"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." ~Dr. Seuss
I was glancing through some of this blog earlier today and discovered that I'm kind of a whiner.
Bunch of posts about not feeling well ; about being irritated . Generally negative stuff.
I don't actually think of myself as a negative person, but reading this drivel certainly makes me appear so. Maybe I should delete it and start over?
maybe I should vow not come here when I'm gloomy or sick?
well hell ... guess I can make a change.
Everyone's life is tough to one degree or another.
some folks just don't dwell on it.
You know, those people with no arms or legs that swim the English Channel and raise a family of four children while giving inspirational talks in their spare time.
They don't dwell on the negatives. Not exactly your downer type folks.
I have two arms and two legs. Never swam the English Channel, but I did spend a lot of my youth at Lake Shawnee. (yawn, I know .. it's the best I've got)
Have raised a family (am still raising) of four children.... no inspirational talks ..
Guess I'll just try to be a little more like that little old ant and do some rubber tree plant moving.
And for God's sake, I'll quit recording every gloomy depressing or pissed off thought I have.
Really, it's always about the focus ..
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Today I re-post this as a reminder to myself to enjoy the life that I live.
May others find a little something to take with them also.
1. Take a 10-30 minutes walk every day. And while you walk, smile.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
3. Sleep for 7 hours.
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm, and Empathy.
5. Play more games.
6. Read more books than you did in 2009.
7. Make time to pray. Prayer provides us with daily fuel for our busy lives.
8. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
11. Drink plenty of water.
12. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
13. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
14. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner of his mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
15. Don't have negative thoughts about things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
16. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime..
17. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
18. Smile and laugh more.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about. Don't compare your partner with others.
24. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
25. Forgive everyone for everything.
26.. What other people think of you is none of your business.
27. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
28. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
29. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
30. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
31. The best is yet to come.
32. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
33. Do the right thing!
34. Call your family often.
35. Your inner most being is always happy. So be happy.
36. Each day give something good to others.
37. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
1. I am thinking… How fortunate I am to have people in my life that are so supportive
2. I am thankful for… my family ... my friends ... my life
3. From the kitchen… comes a rich coffee aroma ... Sundays *sigh* are the best!
4. I am wearing… threadbare, comfy jammies with butterflies on them
5. I am creating…nothing ... I AM writing on my blog though!
6. I am going… to the renaissance festival today!
7. I am reading… Making Money by Terry Pratchett
8. I am hoping… to find the perfect outfit for Rachael's wedding
9. I am hearing… one of my dog's snoring
10. Around the house… we must plant some trees yet this fall ! A Redbud and maybe a shade tree in the back
11. One of my favorite things… Muppets!
12. A few plans for the rest of the week… keeping things low key , writing to Julie , enjoying life!
Stopped in to add a book to my list and thought I would tell myself hello
I find it easier to keep my book list here so that I don't lose it. I suspect I have missed adding one or two.
Been a busy summer. I'm thankful that it's over. I have made some changes in my life that I feel very peaceful with.
Things are looking up!