Autumn makes me happy

Monday, July 21, 2008

Jemo

I've just finished getting more education in teenage-ism.
It's another culture you know....
Overall, I truly enjoyed the "class". Fortunately, teenagers don't want to spend any more time with adults than adults do with them, so my education was in small bites. Very palatable that way.
I learned many things, but I believe the most interesting tidbit that I picked up is the term
" Jemo"

Yup, Jemo. I was up to speed on the word "Emo" and it's different applications in the teen world. You know, kids that capitalize to the max on their teen angst. Hair in their eyes because it's too painful to view the world with both eyes I guess. Or maybe they don't feel they deserve the use of two eyes at the same time. Lots of black clothing...eyeliner...and some other rather unsavory and dangerous activities that I'm not here to talk about.
Jemo is, get this.... Emo kids that are "Jesus freaks" (that's the word used to describe them to me. I'm just quoting here) Hence, Jemo kids.
And apparently said Jemos that live in Auburn, Ks spend their spare time hanging out in the cemetery. I asked my informant why that would be and he shrugged and said "they're Emo, who knows. They do shit like that"
So there you have it.
Jemo kids.
Who knew?

No comments: