Autumn makes me happy

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

*Compewing*

DSC07701


richard compewing


Recently I received a text message from my sister asking me if I shouldn't be "Compewing" I laughed so hard! Compewing you see is a Dill family word. It was used most frequently by my Dad. Another Grandpa-ism so to speak. It means.... sleeping. Actually it has direct reference to snoring. You know... Coooommm ----pewww. I suspect it originated with one of us kids, but I'm not sure. Incidentally, it was quite late at night when my sister and I were texting each other. Hence, her question.

Well, I've been thinking that it might be fun to compile a list of Grandpa-isms. Mandi has been making good use of one of his words. *Snibble*
My Dad had a unique approach to language. And singing. He never sang a song the same way twice and any words that he didn't know, he would substitute whatever he thought would sound good at the time. I miss him so much.
Well anyway, I'd love to have a list of the words that my family remembers and record them on real paper so they won't be lost forever. Priceless memories...


How DO you spell *stample* anyway?

No comments: