Autumn makes me happy

Sunday, December 14, 2008

It was fun!

Part Deux @ The Booby Trap




Adrian To The Rescue @ The Booby Trap

Adrian To The Rescue ~~ Topeka,Ks

What fun! I truly didn't expect to enjoy myself much last night when I played roadie for Rick's band and hung out in a crummy little bar downtown. What a cool surprise. Once I acclimated myself to the surroundings, it was a lot of fun. Honestly, I guess I had forgotten the crappy little bars that I had spent time in when I was younger. Certainly this was no worse and maybe even better than some of them!
Other than some equipment issues, Part Deux did very well. Extremely well at some points!
The second band is another high school band in Topeka, they have some really talented musicians. I was impressed! They also had some equipment issues. ie they blew a speaker! I actually felt the air blow over me when it blew. Crazy. Pissed off the sound guy though. The speaker was one that belonged to the bar. Guess he should do better sound checks eh?
The downside to my story is that I don't think I'm cut out for the staying out til 2 AM thing anymore. Not a drop of alcohol passed my lips all evening ( didn't think that risking being pulled over by a cop was worth it) and yet I felt totally hung over this AM. Probably all the noise,smoke and the really late hour. I'm still tired...
still, I'm glad I went..

1 comment:

Julie said...

Live music is always fun I reckon - no matter how much of a dive the place is.
I hear ya on the late night thing :(