Autumn makes me happy

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why?

A few months ago, June or July I suppose, I was sitting in a lawyers office being
deposed as a witness in a lawsuit that thankfully never went to trial.

In the course of this deposition, it came up that the person filing the suit has a blog at which point I said " I have a blog" ( probably stupid, but oh well).

The attorney looked at me with complete puzzlement and asked " why would anyone
want to publish something on the Internet where it's available for the whole world to see?"


I'm sure I gave a brilliant answer at the time. ;o)

but it is something that I've been kind of thinking about ever since. Why do I spend time sitting here at the computer writing completely inconsequential
blurbs about basically nothing , that very few people will ever actually read?

After giving it some thought I believe that I have the actual answer to the question..


I do it to avoid housework..

2 comments:

Julie said...

I do it to avoid the books :) Although, I use flickr much more as my work avoidance strategy.

Mary said...

They seem to work in tandem for me.. a little here, a little there and soon I've chewed up three hours on the clock!