Autumn makes me happy

Monday, May 26, 2008

Things I Never Thought I'd Say

  1. Hey, it was only $55.00 to fill the car up with gas!
  2. I think I did OK today giving my deposition.
  3. That's OK, I'll work my holiday. One of you guys can take off.



Three things in one week. It's been a strange week indeed. I was deposed by the *bad guys'* attorneys Tues afternoon. Very interesting actually. I think my experience as a union steward helped me to distance myself and feel kind of like an observer. I didn't feel particularly attacked as did some of the other folks that were deposed. It's the same old story that I see with Postal management. Try to find some shred of information that they can use to justify what happened. Only in this case they're trying to justify standing around with their thumbs up *you know where* while a young man died right before their eyes. Bizarre that anyone would even think this is defensible. Hmmm..

Only $55.00 to fill my gas tank. Wooowee! Of course I still had a 1/4 tank full. Still... we rejoice in what we can (dripping sarcasm)

AND! most surprising of all ( for anyone that knows me) I volunteered to work my holiday so my friend Brian could be off. The things we do for the people we care about..

All in all it was a week of new and surprising moments.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Not surprised that you volunteered to work the holiday for someone else. Glad the "depo" went well. It's easy when you are on the right side!

Hope the rest of the week is fully of better, surprising moments, - lots of serendipity!