Autumn makes me happy

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mothers Day

Flowering Quince in the sunshine



I love Mothers Day!

I didn't always love it though. I used to set unreasonable expectations, guaranteeing failure on all fronts.
What it is for me...... Mothers Day that is, is a day to treat myself to whatever strikes my fancy. A day to be thankful for my children, who are by the way the greatest kids in the universe!
A day to think about my Mom and remember some of her antics. Like the time she fell into The Dragoon Creek when we were fishing and the bank was too steep for me to help her out, and besides I was like 10 or something. Apparently I had a pretty good holler on me , cuz my Uncle heard me yelling from the farm and came running as did my Dad who was fishing on down the creek somewhere. Mom held on to a ratty old root growing out of the bank until they were able to get there and pull her out of that murky old Bullhead filled water. Anyone that knew my Mom, knows that the escapade never dampened (ha-ha!) her enthusiasm for fishing. Did I mention that she never learned to swim? Jeez, she was a nut! I miss her a lot, and I'm so glad that I have silly memories like this to think about on Mothers Day!

Happy Mothers Day to me!
It's going to be a great day!

1 comment:

Mandi said...

Happy Mothers' Day to you - you're the best! XOXO