Autumn makes me happy

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

just some stuff

Ugh.
I'm glad that February is nearly over.
I wish I was one of those real chilled out people that roll through life un- traumatized by the goings on in their world.
I apparently wasn't built that way. I take a troubling thought and roll it over and over in my mind as if to polish it to gleaming perfection.
I drive myself nuts!
Anyway, went to the Doc, got some meds for the new ulcer I've developed. Some chill pills to help me keep from dumping fresh acid in on my gut and some pain pills to keep me from ever reaching for ibuprofen again. Ever!

I have this friend , Theresa. ( a different Theresa from the one I've mentioned before)
I wish I could learn to be more like her.
She's the quintessential hippie. Completely relaxed and peaceful absolutely all the time.
(Well, except when she was married to her ex., but that doesn't count.There's a good reason he's an ex..)
She and her son Phil are moving to Arizona. Just pulling up and going. She says that everything she needs will fit in her car. Oh yeah, she has a set of four year old twins too! She had twins when she was 45 years old! Gawd! She's still mellow.. anyway, Phil is a junior in high school and wants to go to some college in Arizona, so they're moving to establish residency so tuition will be more reasonable.
I so wish I could just pull up and leave here. I don't know if I could find a mellower me somewhere else. Probably I'd need to make a mellower me before I left, cuz like Richard says, "wherever you go, there you are." Still, it might be easier..
I'm making that my retirement from the Post Office goal. I want to retire from there early and go somewhere else and work doing something different. I would transfer with the PO, but they aren't allowing transfers anymore.
So anyway, I've rattled on and on here plenty enough. Working on mellowing out and planning a move in several years.
It's a goal..


oh and ps. Richard is totally OK w/moving. Especially if he gets an ocean out of the deal..

No comments: