Autumn makes me happy

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

8 Mile ( not really.. really it's 8 days, but 8 Mile is a famous title and I wanted to use it)

I am, in approx. 24 hours, retiring from Facebook.

I don't fit in at all. But unlike my younger years when I desperately wanted to fit in.

This time I'm kinda glad that I don't.
That may be the true mark of age.

It's a bit too "Seinfeld-y" ADD-ish for me.

just slapdashes of info about folks.
I did enjoy the "25 things about me" lists that Mandi and Cristie posted.
That was fun and interesting.
And I played (and won) a swell game of Scrabble with Brett from Mississauga.
( I think he may have let me win..)
It took 8 days.
Hence the title. The miles are actually more like 1100. Oh well.

Also, my son uses the "f" word at a really alarming pace. ( once or twice is way too much for Mom) and a couple of his friends , I think , belong in Reform School.

Just too many decisions required.
Do I yell at him for staying up all night at Wes'?
For swearing ?

I think I'll stick to parenting in the real life realm. That's plenty of responsibility for me.

So, ciao Facebook! I hardly knew thee!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, Mary..it was real cool to toss in a game of Scrabble with ya. No - I didnt let you win.

Yes, facebook is - in a word- juvenile(ish). I have to confess that the most interesting part for me was getting hooked up with friends I hadn't seen since high school - some 25+years ago.
I think my 73 year old mom summed up Facebook 'status' comments well with " I really don't care to know when someone had their last b.m."

Not one to mince words. :)

,Brett

Mary said...

HA!! I totally love your Mother!!

Rachael said...

Don't feel bad. I made a log in, but never set it up and I still have lots of people asking to be my "friend." I just feel like it is putting way too much out there. Someone that I knows husband found out about her boyfriend that way. The writing was on the wall.. Ha. Ha.

Mary said...

I agree Rachael. Guess you and I are a bit more private than some..

Cristie said...

That's why you reject friend requests or only give them the limited profile so they can't see everything....otherwise TMI :)