Autumn makes me happy

Monday, September 15, 2008

not for the faint hearted!

Once in awhile,something occurs in my life that I'm sure is unique to me.
Today, one such thing happened.
See, the sun is shining (finally!) and the air is fallish-warm and I thought that today would be a perfect time to clean up the living room windows and hang the insulated drapes in preparation for winter.
So far..so good...
SO, I remove the summer drapes and put them away. Then I take down the sheers to wash because I use the same ones for all seasons.
Now I run into my issue.
In the rod pocket; the deal that the curtain rod goes through, are... gawd this is weird..
a bunch of dead ants. Well maybe not a WHOLE bunch, but 8 or 10 I suppose. Little sugar ants like I do war with in the kitchen every spring.
How in the heck did these blasted ants get in there?
OK ... my ceilings are high. Ten foot probably, so the top of the sheers is w a y up there. What on earth would possess these tiny little ants to climb so high?! There's no sugar up there. Even Richard and Ricky can't manage to spill soda on the TOP of the drapes... I don't get it.
Then these poor little buggers maneuvered their way into the rod pocket to ultimately die... of starvation I suppose.
Now really.. is this a normal thing? Has Heloise addressed this in her column? I seriously doubt it.
I think it's one of those weird things ( that I normally don't bring up by the way) that happen only to me.



No comments: