Autumn makes me happy

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Do you know what this is?




Well.... it's gone and happened. My delux-o super duper 14 cup coffee maker has gone to the giant appliance department in the sky. A moment of silence please.

It was so nifty. 14 cups of hot fragrant coffee ready the second my feet hit the floor. Yum....

Above you'll see it's temporary replacement. and NO I did not steal it from an
I Love Lucy set.
My husband bought it with real money after we had a power outage a few years ago and needed to make our coffee outside on the grill. Oh yes, we're
that dedicated to coffee.
Actually mostly I am.

But the truth is , I LIKE perked coffee. A lot! it has a rich, dense flavor that the drip machines just can't match. Also, it make the kitchen smell incredible!

So, you ask, "how do you know when the coffee is done percolating? It doesn't just turn itself off you know." Very true. You know the coffee is ready when the coffee that is percolating up into the little glass dealy ( see photo) ( I don't have any idea what it is actually called). And when it smells right. Mmmmm.... The smell will always tell..
However, be advised that when you pour your coffee it will be
hot. Think McDonald's lawsuit hot. Like scalding! Let it cool for a second or blow on it or something. Cream drinkers have an advantage here. The cream will do the cooling for them. I drink my coffee straight-up.
It's worth the wait .



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that makes REAL coffee. Thanks for the nice memories and for making me smile this evening.

Mary said...

So glad that you left a note Susan. I had been following the Unconscious Mutterings until I got a new computer and lost my way.