Autumn makes me happy

Saturday, September 20, 2008

musings

Why is it that so many people come to a place in their life that they quit exploring new music and listen only to stuff from their youth? Isn't that akin to eating the same food every single day?
It just seems so strange to me ..



I have noticed, that if someone expresses any kind of racism and I witness it, I never view them the same way again. On any level.
For instance, watch Michael Richard's racial tirade on You Tube then watch an episode of Seinfeld. He's not funny to me anymore. It ruins everything.
Additionally, I always tend to assume that they aren't very smart (racists)I just don't see how intelligence and racism could possibly inhabit the same brain.


What is the secret to successful childrearing?
Love?
Discipline?
Values?
Stability?


Why do so many people re-write their history? Is it unintentional? And how do I go about not doing the same if it is? I am what I am as a result of what I have participated in and witnessed thus far. I'd hate to lose that.



Just some stuff I've been thinking about the last few weeks.



9/28/08

Just feel the need to qualify my first statement here. I too listen to music from my youth as do almost everyone I know. I've just run across a few folks that listen to the oldies at the exclusion of all else. That it what I find odd.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I'll be listening to Led Zep till the day I die and there's nothing wrong with that!

Hi Mary, I didn't know you had a blog till today. I shall add you to my list straight away. :)

Cheers from Melbourne.

Julie

Mary said...

Neat-o!