Autumn makes me happy

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

recluse

I am reclusive.
I have figured this out, although everyone else probably already knew it, over the past eight weeks that I have been almost exclusively in my house.
I don't usually seek out human company. I don't like to be in large groups.
The whole deal makes me feel odd. I wonder, if left entirely to my own devices what on earth I would turn out to be? A hermit?
I don't like bars particularly, weddings, bar mitzvahs, funerals, Wal Mart, amusement parks. I do OK in a concert environment I think, because you're actually only required to interact with the music. Everything else is optional.
I do OK at work because I have always kind of thought of my work persona as a role of sorts. Like I'm on stage. I think that's why I never called Suzanne , a customer at work. I'm not sure if I'd be able to take on a different role with her. It feels so intense. And I'm chicken.
I do like to garden. Read. Take photographs. Edit photographs. Do crossword puzzles.Take walks. Play with my dogs. All things that are primarily done on one's own.
Wonder what I'll be like when I'm old?

2 comments:

Diane said...

I have been asking that myself lately. We would make great neighbors. ;)

Mary said...

I've always thought we would make great neighbors too! Primarily because of your baking skills!
:o)