Autumn makes me happy

Sunday, February 20, 2011

hmmmm

Losing my blogging mojo.
I recently read that phrase on another blog and I totally get it. I feel as though I have nothing to say. Never-the-less I am going to say a few things because I'm here.
I stopped in to update my book list. That seems to be the only purpose of this space. I keep track of the books I've read. Not a total loss actually because I do tend to lose track and pick up books to read that I've already read. Bad memory I guess.
I have been stuck in this house since Dec. 27th.
Phooey. When I set out to schedule this surgery, Deb (Helus, my co-worker) asked if I was sure that I wanted to do it in the winter time. If I wouldn't prefer the warmer seasons so I could get out and about. In retrospect I see the wisdom in that. I have been stuck inside a very great deal due to the crummy winter weather we've had. I don't know what the snow fall totals are so far, but it's a BUNCH. However, that being said, I was missing a ton of work because of shoulder pain (primarily because it would keep me awake all night and I wasn't fit for working the next day. Even with my new later hours). and I was running seriously low on leave time, which I would need if I hoped to get a paycheck during my recovery period. I will be going back to work ( hopefully successfully) on March 1st. If it doesn't work out I will have to resubmit paperwork and see what happens. I am completely out of leave. This next week is on me. It's so odd to have Richard and I both off work with no money coming in. We have a bit of savings and the hope of his lawyer pulling in some kind of settlement for him soon. The settlement will be used to pay off the credit card debt we've incurred over the last months.
SO, in a perfect world I would have had shoulder surgery during the summer or fall months to allow me a little more entertainment. Even just going for a drive or sitting outside would have been nice. Still, I'm glad to have it over with and happy to be heading out of the whole ordeal.
So, I did have a couple things to say. Not terribly interesting, but there it is!

No comments: