Autumn makes me happy

Monday, October 18, 2010

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose." ~Dr. Seuss

Dang...

I was glancing through some of this blog earlier today and discovered that I'm kind of a whiner.
Bunch of posts about not feeling well ; about being irritated . Generally negative stuff.

I don't actually think of myself as a negative person, but reading this drivel certainly makes me appear so. Maybe I should delete it and start over?
maybe I should vow not come here when I'm gloomy or sick?
sigh

I'm embarrassed.

well hell ... guess I can make a change.
Everyone's life is tough to one degree or another.
some folks just don't dwell on it.
You know, those people with no arms or legs that swim the English Channel and raise a family of four children while giving inspirational talks in their spare time.
They don't dwell on the negatives. Not exactly your downer type folks.

I have two arms and two legs. Never swam the English Channel, but I did spend a lot of my youth at Lake Shawnee. (yawn, I know .. it's the best I've got)
Have raised a family (am still raising) of four children.... no inspirational talks ..
yet.

Guess I'll just try to be a little more like that little old ant and do some rubber tree plant moving.
And for God's sake, I'll quit recording every gloomy depressing or pissed off thought I have.

Really, it's always about the focus ..
it's do-able.
:O)


No comments: