Autumn makes me happy

Saturday, July 11, 2009




I like beer.
There. I've said it. I'm outing myself !
and what image does that conjure up?
a bleached blonde in Daisy Duke cutoffs and a halter top, hanging out at the races with guys names Snake and Buck?

an old lady in a ball cap sitting on her front porch with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth growling at the neighbor kids?

how about a middle aged , slightly graying mother of four with a fat Chihuahua and a gimpy Lab mix sitting on her patio watching the sunset.

yeh, that one would be it.

I have decided to attribute my beer love to my Father who was
A. of German descent ( I hope that's not racial profiling..)
and
B. made home brew with my uncle when we were growing up.
I still have the crock actually.
and truth be told, I never drink much at a time.
One or two tops.
I just really love the taste. And the frosty coldness of the chilled mug.
mmmmm...... better than a milkshake!

( I don't even own a halter top!)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Beer is the one thing I really don't like. Which makes me completely un-Australian.

Unknown said...

Fun reading and nicely said, Mary! I like an occasional beer, too, but usually only have one or two a month if that. My preference is for an ale or a stout on tap. Don't like the carbonation of bottle beers. Cheers!