Autumn makes me happy

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Gray....Grey..?

There is something disconcerting about finding grey hairs in your hair brush...
I'm accustomed to the occasional grey hair that stands straight up from the top of my head like a soldier at attention , but to have enough of them to have some fall out when I brush my hair is ..well.. worrisome. There must be significantly more of them than I realize.
I have asked both my husband and son to look at my hair and give me an assessment; my husband made jokes about being blinded by the reflection of the light on all of the grey and my son gave a cursory glance and declared that any grey was barely visible ( he was goofing around on "Facebook" so I suspect he just wanted me to go away)
I need a woman's view. I imagine a trip to the beauty shop is in order. Not something that I particularly like allotting time to do, but usually a fairly enjoyable experience once I get there.
I know women that go once a week at least. Some to get their nails done etc. The point is, they work that into their schedules every week! Bizarre behavior to me. Maybe I could figure a way to work it in monthly. Something to freshen up my hair a bit. Who knows? Maybe I'll like it so much I'll decide to move into the "manicured nails" world? A new adventure may lie around the corner.

No comments: