Autumn makes me happy

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

well,well,well....

So.... 3/9/09, Richard fell from 14 feet to a concrete floor.
These are some of the things I've learned so far.
He's very fortunate to be alive.
We're very fortunate that he's alive , and not only that, although his injuries are numerous,none of them are life threatening and he will recover , maybe not to exactly 100%, but darn close.
Capable doctors and nurses make everything more bearable.
I need peace and quiet when I am under additional stress.
Mindless activities help me cope.
My kids are the greatest people on earth ( this should have been listed first! definitely!)

I am one lucky girl.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Shit, Mary!
Oh, that must have been so frightening for you all. I'm glad to hear he'll recover. Best wishes and hugs all round.
xxx


(and I have panties for word verification - no kiddin'. Maybe that'll bring a smile to Richard.)

Rachael said...

I love my Dad so much. And I am lucky to have such a great Mom to take care of him. xo

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up and sorry to hear about this! Sending good thoughts your way!